The power of positive thinking is vital for success. Positive thinking and attitude create happiness and success. Find here instructions and advice.
Introduction to the class
When I was designing the course, I want to call it the Ultimate Positivity Challenge, but then I settled on the Positive Thinking Courses.
Here we’ll explore 100 exercises to cultivate a more positive disposition towards life.
Also, here I have three short reports that you can download and read at any time to further you towards the path of positivity. “Please find these reports at towards the bottom o this page”
Let’s begin with the 100 Exercises!
I have divided these exercises into six groups:
– General Practice – 17 practices
– Family and Personal Life – 14 practices
– Workplace –
– Fun and Relaxation
– During Challenges, and
– Daily Attitude Practice
Practice these simple exercises in correspondence with the group it’s listed under to keep your thoughts on the positive side.
Group 1 – General Practice:
- Use positive words when talking. This way you only emphasize the positive and replace the negative. So If you catch yourself constantly saying “I can’t” you may convince yourself that’s the truth. So, Replace any negative words you are currently using with positive ones Tell yourself you will do your best or that you will try your hardest instead.
- Re-Direct your thoughts. This technique, used by psychotherapists, can help you gain control over your thoughts when you start to feel down or anxious. You do that by creating a happy thought, a positive image, or give yourself positive feedback and use that to re-direct your focus towards the positive instead of the negative.
- Harbor positive feelings only and push out all feelings that are not positive. Don’t give negative thoughts and feelings the ability to overwhelm you when you’re feeling down. Literally, push your negativity aside and try to only focus on the good things in your life.
- Practice positive affirmation. This is one of my favorite positive thinking exercises. By affirming positive phrase to yourself on a regular basis like “I deserve to be happy” or “I am worthy of success”, you enable your subconscious mind to start believing that these things are true. Also, this serves as a reminder to yourself that you ROCK!!!
- Use words that empower you. Try filling your mind with words that evoke the feeling of strength, happiness and being in control of your life.
- Believe, and you shall receive!! There is nothing like believing in yourself to create the successful reality you desire.
- Analyze the wrong. Thinking positively doesn’t mean denying that there is anything wrong. Instead, take some time to think about the things that might have happened that led up to your current situation. This is a perfect way to learn from mistakes and avoid future one.
- Give yourself the deserved credit. Often when we feel frustrated or upset we focus on all the bad things or the previous mistakes we’ve made instead of giving ourselves credit for what we did do right. Allow yourself to feel confident about the things you have accomplished, even if you’ve messed up in other areas, it’s ok; you are human, and we all make mistakes
- Forgive yourself. This exercise can change your life forever as forgiving ourselves is very healing and it opens us up to love, trust and live again.
- Learn from the past. The past should be left behind you and no matter how badly things went there is nothing you can do to change them in the present moment. So, whenever you feel negative thoughts about the past come up, replace them immediately with positive thoughts about your present and about the future.
- Remember things could get worse. No matter how bad things remember that they could get worse. So, be grateful for all the good things you have in your life, even when it seems that there’s more bad than good.
- Convert negative events into opportunities. Sometimes even the seemingly negative things in our lives present us with opportunities we wouldn’t have been strong enough to pursue otherwise. Maybe losing your job is just the chance you need to go back to school or go after that business idea that you had for several years.
- Turn it into a game. challenge yourself to come up with creative ideas of how to turn negative thoughts into positive ones. this one can be quite fun
- Visualize, visualize, visualize!. Vividly Picturing what you want to achieve or the ideal person you’d like to meet can be a great motivator to getting you there while helping you feel more positive about the distance you have to cover yet.
- Take Action – so you have been visualizing for a while, the next natural step of this is to think of just how you’re going to get to where you see yourself. Just picturing it in your mind isn’t going to make it a reality, so create a plan to take it one step at a time until you’ve achieved whatever you were set to achieve.
- Practice self-hypnosis. Self-hypnosis, when practiced regularly, can bring about a highly conscious state of mind that is willing to follow instructions. This means you’ll be more open to auto-suggestions, which in turn will allow you to be happier and hopefully healthier in your life.
- Practice Listing. List the reasons why something is possible instead of why isn’t. If you are having trouble believing that you’ll get that big promotion or that your book will be a huge bestseller, then sit down with a pen and paper and come up with a list of all reasons that you will get what you want rather than focusing on the reasons you might not.
Group 2 – Family and Personal Life:
- Surround yourself with positive thinkers. Positivity is very contagious, so find friends and family members who always find the silver lining in every situation.
- Be happy your life isn’t boring. If nothing good or not-too-good ever happened to you, most likely you’d start to get pretty bored with your life. Take everything that is coming your way a personal challenge and as a way to keep yourself involved in your life.
- Be a big picture kind of guy or gal. Is being stuck in a traffic jam a bummer? Of course. But, will you still feel bad about it later this week? This month? Learn to let go of the things.
- Leave the past behind. Your future is not determined by your past so why the heck focus on it?
- Learn from the attitudes of others. We all have that one friend that always knows just what to say to make us feel like things will be alright? Take comfort in those around you that have that quality – it’s rare but when found, it’s priceless.
- Develop a personalized mantra. Include your name, locations if applicable, include the names, pets, etc. I think you get the idea here.
- Find an accountability partner. this is someone to share the journey with and help you stay on track. Knowing you are not alone can be very healing. There is a therapeutic experience here to as sharing your feelings will likely help you feel better after you’ve gotten things off your chest and had someone to sound off with.
- Be nice to others. Want to feel better? Try doing something nice for someone you care about. They’ll feel good; you’ll feel good, let’s face it, it’s good all around.
- Indulge! One way to remind yourself of all the positive things that life has to offer is to indulge yourself in whatever it is you love. Whether it’s a box of your favorite chocolates, a glass of your favorite wine, a massage or a new video game, just give yourself a break to relax.
- Count your blessings. Whether you feel blessed by your family, your friends, your pet, or the simple blessing of having food to eat each day. Always remind yourself of these blessing, no matter how small you may feel they may be.
- Make Thank You another one of your mantras. Most of us have a lot to be grateful for, yet we take these things for granted. Thank the people in your life that make it better and happier to get a positivity boost for yourself as well.
- Find the positive in your loved ones. Making someone else feel good about themselves can strengthen your relationship with them and give you a positive boost too.
- Avoid assigning blame. So the electric bill didn’t get paid. You could get all bent out of shape and start a fight with your spouse or roommate. Or, you could simply let it go, take it in stride and work together to remedy the situation.
- Channel your inner child. There’s nothing that can lift your mood and change your thinking to a higher level like taking some time to embrace playfulness and channeling your inner child.
Group 3 – Workplace:
- Be constructive. Be constructive in your criticisms of yourself that’ll help grow and learn.
- Visualize successful outcomes. It is very helpful to picture yourself completing a project successfully or getting the promotion you desire instead of thinking of the opposite. This practice can encourage you and make you feel better about any given situation.
- Sit up straight. Slouching down in your chair at work isn’t going to make you feel any better about anything that’s bothering you. So give it a try, sit up straight in your chair and see if that improves your thinking.
- Surround yourself with positive images. Make your workspace your own personal heaven. Put up pictures of things that make bring your joy or that remind you of your goals and aspiration. This can improve your productivity as you are surrounded by a calming and positive environment.
- Relax and just let things happen. Sometimes the best way to deal with problems is just simply to relax and let things take their course. Things may seem bigger than what they really are. By reminding yourself of this simple concept, you help yourself to relax and not feel so stressed.
- See things from another point of view. Change your pattern of thinking by trying to see things from another point of view, whether it’s your bosses, your co-workers or just someone impartial. This can help you see where you went wrong and understand why others might be upset.
- Keep track of your thoughts.Whenever you catch yourself thinking negative thoughts, write them down. You may find a pattern or figure out some way to reverse how you’re seeing yourself or the negative situation.
- Don’t dwell. So you made a mistake. It happens even to the best of us. So, make peace with yourself and move on to other projects.
- Stop being your own worst critic. No one else who knows just how to make you feel terrible about yourself like you can. So, lay off on the harsh self-talk and think good things about yourself.
- Be kind to yourself, It’s easy to get down on yourself for messing up at work, even on the little things. So, instead, try taking a step back and look at the situation from a different point of view – think “What can I learn from this?”
- Believe in yourself ALWAYS. Want that promotion? Hoping to get that dream client? First, believe that you can do it and then and only then there is a chance of it actually happening.
- Avoid negative co-workers. Nothing can ruin a positive attitude like coworkers who bring out the negatives in every situation no matter how big or small it is. Avoid this kind of co-workers at any cost. If you had to work with one, then just simply tune them out especially when they are having a pitty party.
- Truly believe in your abilities. If you constantly focus on your shortcomings in your work and put on a sour attitude, then you’re much more likely to actually be putting in a poor performance. If you believe in your abilities and think that you’re GREAT at your job, then you’re much more likely to put in the effort and performance that will make you look and feel good.
- Look for opportunity. In every failure, there’s always an opportunity to grow, improve and become better. Spend time thinking of ways you can turn your setbacks at work into ways to grow and get ahead in the future.
Group 4 – Fun and Relaxation:
- Read inspiring and thought provoking books. If you’re having trouble finding something inspiring about your life at the moment then try getting inspired by the life of someone else by reading a book meant to inspire, motivate and uplift.
- Watch your favorite feel-good movie. This is my favorite pick me up! Watching your favorite movie or just your favorite scenes from a movie will immediately put a smile on your face.
- Go on a news fast. The news is often filled with all kinds of mood-killing information. If you’re already in a funky mood, the last thing you want is some depressing news, so take a night off from the news and do something that you find enjoyable instead like watching your favoire sappy feel good movie.
- Get ACTIVE. Working out releases chemicals that give you a mood lift. Go on a hike, play a sport or just take a power-walk around the block to improve your outlook.
- Get Musical. Music is a great mood enhancer. Whether you’re driving in your car or hanging out at home, crank up the tunes with something that makes you feel uplifted and happy.
- Monitor your thoughts. When you’re just sitting and relaxing do negative thoughts overtake everything else? Monitor where your mind tends to go when it’s at rest and learn to redirect your thoughts towards constructive and happy thoughts.
- Engage in purposeful activities; these are activities that gets you closer to whatever goal you are set to achieve. If you’re trying to lose weight don’t spend the weekend baking cupcakes that will only tempt you towards falling off the low-calories wagon. Instead, pump yourself up by going on a long-hike, playing tennis with a friend or just getting active.
- Get Breathing. When things just seem to be too much to handle, try concentrating on simply your breathing. It will relax you, eliminate some of your anxiety and allow you to focus on more positive things in your life.
- Focus on what’s fun in your life. While you might spend 40 hours a week slaving away at a desk job that leaves your drained, there is more likely other things in your life that are more fun and enjoyable as well. Focus on these things and spend time thinking about how you can add more new and exciting ways to have fun when you’re feeling down.
- Explore. Stop your negative feelings in its tracks by embracing your sense of adventure. Go explore a part of town you have never visited before, take a day trip to a local winery, or just spend time remembering the good times from things around your house.
- Get excited. Even if there are a million things you’re dreading to do comes Monday morning try to find at least one thing that you’re so excited about. Even that one thing can have a huge impact on how you feel and how you whole work week turn out.
- Get laughing! Find something that makes you laugh. If you don’t have anything in your day that’s been on the funny side, then think about a memory that never fails to make you laugh. It has been scientifically proved that you cannot be negative when you’re laughing and smiling.
- Countdown to total relaxation. I am sure all of us have been so upset or frustrated at some point in our lives that we just felt like we are going to explode. If you feel yourself reaching this point, stop, and start counting. For an additional bonus, try relaxing each body part in turn as you count, so you end up completely relaxed from head to toe.
- Meditate. The benefits of meditation have been well documented, and one of these benefits is how meditation cultivates positive thinking. So clear your mind and relax and push out all the negativity that may be troubling you.
- Make a list. Think of Top 100 things you enjoy doing. Feeling like your life is one big, horrible sinkhole at the moment? Sit yourself down and make a list. List everything, even the small things like taking a hot relaxing bath or enjoying a walk with your puppy. Life is made from the little things that we take for granted.
- Get Creative. Negativity generates a lot of destructive energy and one way to counter that is by channeling that energy to create something instead. So, do you paint or draw? Do you enjoy knitting or sewing? If you’re a guy do you like to build a model or even put together a puzzle. Whatever it is, just use that destructive energy in a positive and constructive way.
- Get Visual. Imagine yourself in your ideal happy place. Visualization is a very powerful tool and you can use it to remove yourself from whatever situation you feel unhappy into one that makes you smile. Simply, close your eyes and imagine whatever makes you feel like a million bucks!
Group 5 – During Challenges:
- Fake it till you make it. One way to deal with any challenge is to create a sense of confidence and happiness in yourself. At first, this feeling might feel unreal, but over time, you’ll start actually to feel happier and maybe even closer to your goal.
- Expect Health. If you’re facing illness, you might feel a sense of hopelessness and fear. Believe you will get well and you will. These feelings aren’t going to help you or your health status. Concentrate on getting better and living each moment as if you are well right now.
- Focus on the learning. Think that obstacles are there to challenge you. On your path to success, you’re going to encounter some roadblocks. By simply understanding that obstacles aren’t necessarily there to stop you from doing what you were set to do, you’ll have more energy and drive to continue till you reach your goal.
- Feel Fit. Are you trying to lose some weight, then picture yourself at your ideal weight. Losing weight can be a huge challenge, even for the most enthused and determined person. Picturing yourself all fit and healthy be can be a great motivator to getting you on your way to success.
- Break it down. Having a huge goal to accomplish, break it down to small little goals! Working at a huge goal all at once can be intimidating at first and overwhelming and sometimes discouraging when trying to do. So, take things one step at a time and chip away at your big ultimate goal until you get there.
- NEVER quit. Don’t let yourself quit. Giving up in many situations is just taking the easy way out of a situation. No matter how terrible or negative you’re feeling, never quit. Keep at it, you’ll thank yourself in the long run if you don’t give up.
- Expect challenges. Tryin to change a bad habit, don’t expect change to be easy-breezy. No one ever promised that making a big change in your life would be an easy task or that overcoming obstacles would be a walk in the park. It’s not supposed to be. If it was that easy, everyone would be doing it!
- Find the silver lining. Every cloud has a silver lining and you just need focus on finding yours. Try finding the bright side amidst all the turmoil surrounding any given situation.
- This too shall pass. By simply understanding that any situation is not forever, we feel more at ease, and we feel like we have the will to continue. When dealing with the grief of a lost loved one, remember that this too shall pass and in time you will heal and feel better. You may always feel moments of sadness about loss, but it will only get easier as time passes. Take it one day at a time.
- Believe in your future success. Have faith that you will succeed. This will give you the confidence and assurance you need to keep going and to make the difference.
- Welcome Change. The world is constantly changing, and you and those around you are changing with it as well. So, make peace with change and welcome it as a natural part of life.
- Be Resilient. Make a conscious effort to be more resilient. In life, you can either let challenges break you or make you! Choose the latter– it’s never too late.
- Face it head on. Sometimes the best way to deal with a negative situation in your life is to take it simply head on. by reaching a resolution or at least working towards one , you are more likely to feel better and more in control about any situation.
- Be Solution focused. Don’t wallow in your problems. Instead, actively work towards finding a solution and getting them resolved. You’ll feel more proactive and in having more control of your life.
- Don’t let loss stop your progress. When pursuing any worthy goal, you are bound to have setbacks along the way. Don’t let them stop you from heading towards your ideal goal.
- Stay Focused. Keep yourself on track. It’s easy to be weak and to get off track to whatever goal you’re pursuing because it’s easier right now. But trust me, you ‘ll regret it. So, don’t let weakness get the best of you– you’ll only feel worse later. Provide yourself with constant reminders to stay focused, in a positive mindset and continue moving forward.
Group 6 – Daily Attitude Practice:
- Find the beauty in everything. Even when you’re in the worst of moods, take the time to look at all the beauty that surrounds you in the world. This can provide with an instant and insightful way to lift your mood and spirit.
- Realize that you own your thoughts and they do not own you. Stop your negative thoughts in their tracks, by realizing that you’re the one in charge of what you are thinking, and not the other way around.
- Take time exploring when it comes to figuring out what you really want. When you feel yourself feeling negative about things that you haven’t accomplished, take time to think of what you really want. Finding out what is really important to you will help eliminate any bad feelings over things that you don’t truly want in the first place.
- Accept the good things. Sometimes we get so caught up in the bad stuff that is coming our way that we forget to appreciate all the good stuff that are happening to us. Take a minute to sit down and think of all the positive things that happened in your day, month, and year no matter how small.
- Get high on anticipation. Feel excited about all the possibilities that are ahead of you. Even in the midst of the biggest disasters there is a myriad of possibilities that await you.
- Believe the world is a good place. If you look at the world and only see doom and gloom laid out in front of you, then you’re not doing yourself any favors, but instead you are slowing yourself and your progress down. Believe the world is a good place and you’re likely to find many more ways and good things can come your way.
- Don’t allow any room for excuses. There are always a million excuses for any person why not to do something even if that something can make them feel more fulfilled. Stop putting up obstacles to your happiness and ditch those lame excuses when you hear yourself making them – you’ll thank yourself and me for doing this.
- Don’t play the victim. Bad things happen to everyone around the globe. Pitying yourself, seeking others attention, and wanting others to feel sorry for you isn’t going to make things better. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start working towards a happier future.
- Take charge. Don’t place your future in someone else’s hands. Your future is yours alone so take an active part in shaping it.
- Dream but be realistic too. I can almost guarantee it; you’re going to feel frustrated if you make any goals so unattainable that you can’t reach them no matter how hard you work. Instead, create realist and action-oriented goals so you can harbor the feeling accomplishment instead of defeated each day.
- Choose joy. Every day we wake up, we have a choice whether to be happy or miserable. Make happiness your choice and you’ll live a much more joyful life.
- Believe in your talents. Everyone has qualities makes them stronger in a certain area of life over others, so know your talents, cultivate them and immerse yourself in your strengths instead of weaknesses.
- Do it NOW. Want to make a positive change in your life? Start immediately. Putting things off just gives you time to make excuses so get started as soon as humanly possible.
- Believe you deserve good things. If you don’t truly believe that you deserve good things in your life, you are more likely aren’t going to encounter many. Believe that you are worthy of good fortune, success and vibrancy in your life.
- Stop letting negative thoughts control you. Negativity will never serve you well, so stop that overwhelming emotion from making you feel out of control and unhappy in every aspect of your life. Take control and Put an immediate stopper on these negative thoughts.
- Have a big grin, Smile! Sometimes all it takes to feel better is to put a big wide smile on your face. Practice putting on a happy face even when you don’t feel like it.
- Be decisive. Take control of your decisions. You’re the boss in your life. Take back control of your decisions and make the conscious choice to be happier, and more positive.
- Get vibrational. We are all energetic beings, we are full of latent vibration, so if you’re feeling out of sync, then simply change your vibe and get energetic about being alive.
- Keep the bad out. You’re the only in control of what you choose to focus on in your life. When you can, limit the amount of negative things you let into your life, including your thoughts.
- Make positivity a habit. Don’t practice thinking positively only when you’re feeling down. Make it an everyday occurrence whether you’re in a good or bad or in between.
- Decide why you want what you want in the first place. If you’re feeling upset because you feel like you aren’t achieving the things you want in life, take a moment to sit back and figure out the reasons why you actually want those things. You may be surprised to find out that you’re not as attached to them as you thought you were.
- Get some Zzzz. Sometimes the best thing you can do is just to sleep on a problem so you can look at it the next day with fresh eyes.
Don’t you just feel so positive now that you read all these 100 ways to become more active and positive in life. Well, there is more, I haven’t forget about the 3 reports. Please read or download below:
How To Stop Worrying
Advanced Affirmation Attraction
Purposeful Law Of Attraction Accomplishments
CONGRATS , you just finished this AMAZING and Life-Changing Course.
Give yourself a big round of applause for having stepped up, joined, and completed this program.
To a more positive and successful you!
Ps. If you have any questions or you want to share your experience, please feel free to share that in the comment section below.